Recent Commercial Posts
How Do Unattended Candles Lead to Extensive Fire Damage Restoration in Kalispell Condos?
Candles are beautiful, but be sure and burn them safely.
SERVPRO Can Trace All Damages Left in Your Property Performing Satisfactory Fire Restoration
Candles may seem harmless as they flicker on the side of the living room or bathroom. However, they pose a significant risk when left unattended, especially when they fall over or burn out, igniting the dripped wax and surrounding materials. Professional fire damage restoration may be necessary to restore preloss conditions.
The way fires started by candles burn influences fire damage restoration in affected Kalispell Condos significantly. The early stages of the fire may be characterized by smoldering, thus producing significant smoke that leaves residues over vast areas of the property. Also, since the fire breaks out when no one is around to take immediate action, it can quickly spread to other units in the condo or spread smoke residues. SERVPRO has IICRC certified Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians who understand the patterns of such a loss and the best remedial processes to follow.
Professionals Readily Deal with Different Categories of Renovation, Including:
SERVPRO teams simplify the recovery process by collectively handling all the damages, including removing deteriorated materials, cleaning soiled surfaces, and refinishing the affected areas in the condo.
The Restoration Process Mainly Involves
- Removal of flooring, insulation, and drywall
- Char removal or sealing from frames and joists
- Deodorization of the entire condo
- Managing the moisture from cleaning or fire suppression
Our SERVPRO teams also handle any necessary pack-outs to create room for restoration or to safeguard valuable contents.
SERVPRO of Flathead County can deliver fire damage restoration at your condo, correcting the damage caused by negligence. Call us at (406) 300-0435. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
How Can Mold Inspections Prevent Damage to Kalispell Warehouses?
A SERVPRO project manager arrives to initiate the inspection and mold remediation for Kalispell area commercial structures
Removing mold from Kalispell businesses begins with thorough inspections and estimations
The cost and the time that restoration and remediation take are considerable concerns for area businesses when mold damage exists. As widespread and threatening as these organisms can become, having a set restoration and recovery plan is critical to focus remediation efforts. Our production manager can determine the condition of damaged building materials, contents, and the environment. Remediation solutions developed from this data address each of these areas.
Content Inspection and Relocation Services
Before mold removal in Kalispell warehouses can begin, our SERVPRO team must evaluate the condition of impacted contents and stored wares. When relocation can help, we find a safe place for the goods on-site. We also provide secure storage and cleaning solutions at our nearby facility.
Choosing Efficient Remediation Solutions
The inspection process can help remediators choose among several mold removal options, including:
- Surface Cleaning – The early stages of mold and spotting of colonies can often be corrected with potent cleaners and biocides.
- Aggressive Cleaning – When the organism seats more deeply than the first inch or two of the hosting materials, superficial cleaning will not be effective. More aggressive and abrasive tactics are necessary to preserve the underlying material, such as sanding and dry ice pellet blasting.
- Controlled Demolition – Among the final possible approaches to eliminating active colonization in the warehouse is controlled demolition. With limited materials capable of supporting colonies, this can often be a fast and cost-efficient remediation solution for many warehouses. Commercial Contractor License #: 247200
Mold removal often hinges on information gathered in the earliest stages of remediation by our responding technicians. The care and treatment of the property can ward off irreparable harm while our SERVPRO of Flathead County team gets started on eliminating active colonies. (406) 300-0435.
When Water Causes Significant Damage to Your Kalispell Business, The Crew to Call Is SERVPRO!
SERVPRO’s Emergency Protection Plan (ERP) can help you prepare for unseen emergencies. Call us today!
Help Your Business Survive a Water Disaster in Kalispell
Your dreams, hopes, and capital are invested in your Kalispell business. As a savvy business person, you have backup plans for a broad range of issues that might arise as your company grows and thrives. Often these contingency strategies including substitute suppliers, a line of credit, reserve workers for busy times, and a host of other ways to catch a break if something goes wrong.
Missing from this proactive blueprint might be a vision for recovery from a natural or human-made disaster affecting your commercial property. Water damage in Kalispell from overland flooding, roof or plumbing leaks, appliance malfunctions, and operator error can put the future of your business at risk. Companies that close even temporarily to recover from water damage face a 50 percent possibility of a permanent shutdown.
SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Plan and Profile
SERVPRO offers commercial customers a proven antidote to financial ruin because of water damage. Our Emergency Ready Plan and Profile (ERP) permits you to partner with our team of disaster remediation professionals before a drop of water puts your property in peril. An experienced project manager comes to your property to assess its vulnerabilities and strengths if disaster strikes. We develop a digital restoration plan based on your layout and after discussing your operations.
Expect recommendations to minimize damage if a water crisis occurs, including storage options, inventory protection, and suggestions on equipment placement. Use the SERVPRO ERP app to complete your Profile, personalizing our joint strategy by listing your priorities and sharing the contact information of contractors and vendors supplying your equipment and systems. You can also designate one or more trusted employees or family members to act on your behalf if you are unavailable when a water crisis happens.
The SERVPRO ERP gives you, and your clients and customers confidence that the damage and interference in business operations a water catastrophe could create is short-term. Demonstrating a clear path from water damaged to make it "Like it never even happened." This plan calms concerns and makes sure your company continues. We diligently devise ERPs that permits partial operation even during the restoration process, a lifesaver for your brand and your base.
Allow SERVPRO of Flathead County to help you prepare for water damage or other crisis with our ERP. Call (406) 300-0435 to set up a complimentary, no-obligation assessment.
SERVPRO Helps Kalispell's Finest Businesses in Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage restoration for your commercial building needs help from SERVPRO. We have IICRC certified techs and manpower for any size disaster.
Kalispell Businesses Reach Out to SERVPRO for Fast and Efficient Fire Restoration
Nestled in the Flathead Valley, the city of Kalispell was founded by Charles E. Conrad, a businessman, and banker, in 1891. The city was incorporated in 1892 and has witnessed remarkable growth since then, with nearly 20,000 people calling it home. It is the largest city in Northwest Montana and is just 31 miles from Glacier National Park.
The area around the city has some of the best skiing resorts in the state, including Whitefish Mountain Resort and Blacktail Mountain Ski Area. Both the resorts have plenty of facilities, including ski lifts and equipment rentals.
Kalispell has a ton of things on offer for the visitors. Some ways of spending time in the city include-
- Conrad Mansion Museum- Once the home of the founder of the town, the Conrad Mansion now serves as a glimpse into the town's history. The beautiful Victorian-style palatial estate features 26 rooms maintained in almost pristine condition for 100 years. The curators have done an excellent job in preserving the original furniture and even the fixtures of the mansion. You can even see original Edison light bulbs and even a very early version of an automatic dishwasher.
- Northwest Montana History Museum- Features permanent exhibits showcasing the glorious history of Montana's First Nations. The 22,000 square feet space also features exhibits showcasing the modern history of Montana and the guts and glory of homesteaders.
- Hockaday Museum of Art- The building that houses the Museum today was once Kalispell's first public library. The classical-revival style building was funded by none other than Andrew Carnegie himself. The Museum hosts many world-renowned rotating exhibits; one of the most popular ones is called 'The Crown of the Continent.' It features artworks of some of Montana's most celebrated artists, including O. C. Seltzer and Charlie Russel.
- Lower Valley Driving Tour- A 62-mile-long road trip that takes you past some of the notable and famous monuments and landmarks around Kalispell and lower Flathead Valley.
SERVPRO's Fire Damage Cleanup Strategy for Kalispell Businesses
Fire and smoke damage to your Kalispell commercial property can result in a lot of destruction and chaos. The accumulation of smoke and soot residue can cause permanent damage if not eliminated promptly. SERVPRO technicians use multiple cleaning techniques to get rid of these residues during the fire restoration process.
SERVPRO's cleaning strategy revolves around using methods to loosen the bonds between the residue and the surfaces. We use the following actions to loosen this bond and clean the residue during fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup.
- Mechanical action- Agitation using brushes and cleaning agents can dislodge soot in many cases. This method is also used as a precleaning method when dry, and the non-greasy residue is present.
- Lubrication- Detergents can act as lubricants and help the residue slid right off the surfaces and into the cleaning solution. Fire and smoke damage can result in sticky residue that can benefit from the lubricating action of detergents.
- Chemical action- Chemical agents alter the nature of the residue making the bonds with the surface lose.
- Suspension and dispersion- Some oily and greasy residues must be dissolved or emulsified into a cleaning solution before fire damage cleanup.
Call SERVPRO of Flathead County at (406) 300-0435 for 24/7 assistance.
Can Your Protect Staff and Customers When Fixing Mold Damage?
Spotted the tell-tale signs of mold damage? Team SERVPRO is standing by 24/7 for your emergency call.
For Safe Abatement of Mold Damage in Kalispell Business Premises Call SERVPRO
Mold develops easily when the conditions are favorable. Since mold spores are omnipresent, it takes the right temperature of about 68º and 86º F and sufficient moisture to spark the growth. Mold attacks many materials, including wood, drywall, insulation, and other fibers. The residues released when attempting to clean up or remove materials from affected areas can cause health issues, so precautions are necessary.
When dealing with mold damage in Kalispell, SERVPRO prioritizes safety for everyone venturing into the property, including the professionals handling the restoration, the staff, and customers who may visit the property. Setting up containments helps limit the spread of materials from contaminated areas to uncontaminated areas. We also secure any waste materials removed from the property. The top containment steps we take include:
- Sealing HVAC ducts to halt the circulation of mold residues through the duct system
- Setting up plastic sheets on doors and other openings to act as containment barriers
- Setting up decontamination rooms for people entering or leaving the affected areas
- Sealing moldy materials removed from the site in heavy-duty trash bags before disposal
SERVPRO of Flathead County can help ensure safety when dealing with mold damage incidents. Call us at (406) 300-0435.
Protect the Contents and Structure of your Columbia Falls Business From Water Exposure
Is your business suffering from water damage? Call SERVPRO for the water remediation services needed to get you back into the game.
SERVPRO Helps Columbia Falls Businesses Restore their Homes After Water Intrusion
Columbia Falls is just a few miles from the stunning Glacier National Park and has a small population of only 4 710 residents. The city, which is in the broader region of Flathead County, is famed for its breathtaking scenery, mountains, plateaus, and lakes. The glacier-formed scenery is a central part of this area in Montana. Flathead River, Lake, and Valley have geological significance, with the area being a key location for students seeking to advance their knowledge of rock formations and waterways. Despite its relatively small population, Flathead County covers a roomy 5256 square miles. Of this area, 269 square miles is made up of water, which provides the district with a well-earned reputation for some of the finest vistas in the United States, which are rightly considered a national treasure. Columbia Falls is a superb destination for back-to-nature getaways, hiking, fishing, and biking. The numerous rentable log cabins and local breweries provide a welcome break from a day of outdoor activities.
Perhaps the most prominent identity of Columbia Falls is its hospitality. Tourists are greeted warmly all year round, with many stopping over before exploring the 2 million acres of forestry. The area is home to many nationally-recognized golf courses. Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. The ski resort splits the Whitefish Mountain, the largest in the Glacial State Park, into three different faces. The world-class ski courses feature two high-speed routes in the Big Creek Express and the Big Mountain Express. The third face features the Swift Creek Express, which is aimed at beginner and intermediate skiers or those taking lessons. During certain times of the week and season, more mountain face areas open up, including tree routes, cross country skiing, and jumps. The most experienced riders can take on the Hell Roaring Basin, an expert course on the Western face, replete with chutes, cliffs, and tree skiing. The region is famous for Olympic medallist Tommy Moe who learned to ski on the trails before winning a gold and silver medal at the 1994 winter Olympics.
- The Apgar Lookout Trail is a pilgrimage for hiking enthusiasts who take the 7.1-mile track past the Flathead River and up 567 meters along the mountainside. The trail itself is rated as challenging and only suited to experienced hikers with a planned route and supplies. The prime season for taking this route is between June and October, when clear weather allows trail-goers to admire the incredible views.
- Thrill-seekers in Columbia Falls can trek into the Whitefish Mountain Resort and take advantage of the fantastic Aerial Adventure Park. Suitable for seven and above children, the supervised zip lines, climbing points, and trapeze provide a high-octane thrill to young adventurers and adults. Tickets are purchasable from the Base Lodge on entry to the Glacier State Park.
- The Apgar Cross Country Ski Trails are ideal for combining skiing with exploration, and several highly trafficked routes range from intermediate to expert. Popular routes include the Lower Mcdonald Creek and Rocky Point, while experienced practitioners can take the Macgee Meadows or the Site of Old Flat Head Ranger Station for longer climbs. The trails also allow access to the stunning Apgar Lookout.
Resting Spots and Accommodation in Columbia Falls Montana
- Backslope Brewing is a warm and welcoming stopover for visitors in the Glacier State Park. The food menu includes traditional American burgers, steaks, and platters. However, the drinks shine here with a rotating selection of craft brews and four standard brews on tap. Some of these beers are brewed right here in Columbia Falls using freshwater from the Flathead Glacial Lake.
- Nite Owl Restaurant on 9th Street serves up huge breakfasts for those needing a quick fill before taking the day out on a hike at the nearby national park. Daytime breakfasts offer generous portions with a menu that hits all the right spots in traditional American food. From 5 pm, the Nite Owl's backroom opens where guests can get excellent bbq foods and craft beers.
- The North Forty Resort is a set of log cabins just five minutes away from Whitefish, Montana. There are a considerable amount of log cabins, with some including hot-tubs and a full commercial kitchen. The West Entrance to the Glacial National Park is about 20 miles away along the Mountain Highway. Each cabin can host up to eight people, making it ideal for family vacations or group trips.
SERVPRO Assists Columbia Falls Businesses Following Water Intrusion Events
An unexpected water intrusion can play havoc with your Columbia Falls business. We are a no-nonsense restoration service that specializes in repairing commercial premises. Our technicians are experts at identifying water problems in a property, reducing water exposure, and mitigating the extensive losses resulting from water intrusion. In addition to our industry-leading training, SERVPRO technicians have access to industrial equipment, which is essential for restoring larger businesses or holiday resorts. Our crew chiefs can communicate with you and your insurance adjuster throughout the service to deliver a speedy restoration. By using anti-microbial chemicals and quick-drying techniques, we can help to reduce the secondary losses that usually occur with water damage. You can arrange a commercial callout by reaching us at our twenty-four-hour emergency contact center. After receiving a notification of loss, our technicians can be with you within just four hours.
- SERVPRO can mobilize industrial-standard equipment like DX generators for large commercial properties or in multiple resort centers.
- Our team has a solid-understanding of complete drying techniques, which can help mitigate secondary damages in your premises.
- Crew chiefs can communicate with the property manager throughout restoration to deliver a smooth and acceptable service, all year-round.
If your business suffers from water issues, contact SERVPRO of Flathead County at (406) 300-0435 for professional assistance.
Columbia Falls Residents Can Enjoy Glacier National Park for Free
Don't let fire damage dampen your resort's business. SERVPRO is always on call.
Don’t Sit Home in Columbia Falls - Head to the Great Outdoors and Spend the Day Exploring
Glacier National Park has so much for visitors to see and do. On Wednesday, November 11, you can enjoy all of it for free. You will want to leave early and plan your day because no one can see it all in one day. Here are some favorite areas to visit in the park:
- Going to the Sun Road
- Lake McDonald Valley
- Logan Pass
- Many Glacier
- Two Medicine
- North Fork
- Goat Haunt
Glacier National Park has so much to enjoy that no one feels left out. It’s an outdoor lover’s paradise. The scenery alone is worth the trip. You can enjoy:
- Hiking & Biking
- Backcountry & river camping
- Guided tours
- Cross-country skiing
- Fishing & Boating
- Special events
- Photography opportunities
The team at SERVPRO of Flathead County loves outdoor activities like this, and we know you do too. We have been serving the Columbia Falls business community for many years. If your company requires fire damage cleanup, call us at (406) 300-0435.
How Long Will Commercial Water Cleanup Take?
Water damage to your business can cost you more than money, let SERVPRO come in and assist you through the water.
For Your Columbia Falls Office, SERVPRO Streamlines Water Restoration with Fast Action and Industrial-Grade Equipment
Many water events could occur within your commercial space that leads to water damage of some sort. It may have been a leaky roof, storm damage to windows, faulty appliances, or a burst pipe. However, how you act makes a difference in the overall time and costs involved with the cleanup. Your Columbia Falls business is always in good hands when you contact our friendly team at SERVPRO. Rather than leaving the cleanup to your in-house crew, we have the powerful cleaning agents, extractors, and drying equipment to speed up the process for you. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster!
What is Involved in Water Cleanup and Restoration?
Removing standing water from the equation is imperative with any water incident at your place of business. When called for water restoration in Columbia Falls, our crew arrives quickly to cut back on the loss's severity. We assess the damage to your office space and any rooms around the loss zone, which allows us to formulate a plan with the best next steps. Our equipment allows us to quickly and efficiently pull up standing water, but we suggest having the water supply turned off to lessen the impact until we arrive.
It Seems as Though Water Moved into Other Rooms, Now What?
During a water incident, it is not all that uncommon for the water to migrate. If you had a pipe burst near the kitchen or employee lounge, it might follow the path of least resistance. In some cases, this means traveling along baseboards and into other rooms. This is another reason why professional intervention is critical to ensure you restore your commercial space's interior to preloss condition. We have the latest moisture detection tools to eliminate hidden pockets that can bring secondary damage or mildew growth.
If a substantial amount of water made it behind walls and within cavities, we may need to perform flood cuts or place holes so that water removal and drying can take place. Of course, our staff follows best practices, and we have skilled technicians ready to handle any controlled demolition or major reconstruction required. Commercial Contractor License #: 247200
What Can Lingering Moisture Do to The Office Space?
Several problems can arise if you fail to address moisture throughout your commercial property, including:
- Staining of ceilings, walls, and carpeting
- Strong, musty odors
- Physical deterioration of building materials and some contents
- Mold and mildew infestation, which can cause potential health effects
After water saturates various surfaces and materials, deterioration begins. There may be immediate damages, while others take some time to present themselves. By removing any standing water and going through the motions of moisture detection within the first 48 hours of the water incident, you have a better chance of long-term results and salvaging the majority of your materials and contents.
Several crucial steps are always part of our water restoration efforts, including:
- Thorough drying of any wet contents or office furnishings
- Dealing with the relative humidity levels throughout the space
- Total extraction of all standing water
- Preventing moisture transfer from the loss zone to unaffected areas
- Ensuring the condensation does not develop to exacerbate the situation further
What Should I Do Until You Arrive at My Office?
Even with the rapid response that our SERVPRO crew is known for, it can still be a few hours until we can arrive and get set up for cleanup to begin. Until that time, as the owner, you can have your staff work on the following tasks:
- Turn off the water to your unit or the area where the incident is taking place. You should be able to find a switch or cut-off valve. If you cannot find it, a quick call to the local Columbia Falls water department will do the trick.
- Try to open up any nearby doors or windows to the outdoors. This helps to get some of the moisture out with a boost in airflow that improves the evaporation rate.
What Happens with Saturated Paperwork?
Offices are known for having vast filing systems housing essential documents. In some cases, water damage is final when it causes matting or smudging of the ink. SERVPRO does have a variety of specialized techniques that help us to prevent further deterioration from taking place. Some actions that we can try will include:
- Specialized drying techniques
- Separating and removing saturated papers from dry paperwork
- Freezing wet documents to stop the dissolution of ink and disintegration of papers
We take each project we are called to for water restoration and tailor a plan to your needs. When you have a water incident at your commercial space, you can trust SERVPRO of Flathead County to quickly and efficiently get the job done. Call us when you need us at (406) 300-0435.
How Can I Keep Water Damage Recovery Work Contained in My Commercial Building in Kalispell?
Call (406) 300-0435 to explore what our team can provide your business.
SERVPRO Employs Best Practices that Limit Water Migration and the Drift of Debris and Odors So You Can Operate Your Kalispell Business During Water Damage Restoration
When a burst supply pipe or leaking flat roof puts a part of your Kalispell commercial property on unwanted water alert, you need not only extraction for the standing and migrating water but also a plan that permits your operations to continue. At the same time, the wet space receives professional restoration. Our professionals have strategies that allow the highest quality disaster recovery response while your company pursues business as usual.
Can Business Spaces Be Partitioned for Efficient Water Damage Restoration?
The challenge facing business owners and Kalispell water damage restoration companies is to complete mitigation and remediation phases without shutting you down. Statistics suggest that businesses closing their doors because of a disaster likely will shutter operations permanently close to 50 percent of the time. One way to avoid this unacceptable outcome is to contain the areas where the water intruded to prevent fluids and other debris and residues from moving into areas where you and your staff continue to conduct business.
How Are Work Areas Partitioned to Balance Your Dual Business Interests?
SERVPRO leverages our construction division when planning how to keep your business open while completing mitigation and remediation work. These technicians assist in building containment areas for our water damage recovery tasks and more:
• Heavy-duty 1.6 mil polyethylene barriers create chambers within which our crews do the work of extracting water and drying out structures.
• Installation of negative pressure air scrubbers seal the perimeters of the chambers and control debris and odor spread during the restoration.
• We might recommend moving some of your business’s contents into smaller, storage chambers inside your commercial building or off your site for specialized cleaning and drying attention at our production facility.
The combination of top-notch water mitigation and remediation technicians with our licensed build back contracting specialists allow SERVPRO of Flathead County to offer wraparound restoration services. Call (406) 300-0435 to explore what our team can provide your business.
When Should Flood Recovery Start in My Kalispell School?
Our experienced professionals have state of the art equipment to clean up and restore your school so your students can return safely after a flood.
There is no time to waste when flood damage exists, as the situation only gets worse the longer you wait to secure competent restoration professionals to help.
After a flood breaches your Kalispell school, there is a finite timeline for preserving and protecting exposed structural elements and contents within the building. With so many controlling bodies overseeing the well-being of the structure, its staff, and the students, there can be some delays in reaching out to professional restorers as quickly as you should. Our SERVPRO professionals are ready to respond 24/7 to make flood losses “Like it never even happened.”
Flood damage in Kalispell schools and institutions threatens more than construction materials. Widespread flooding can compromise numerous areas of the school, including offices, performing arts areas, the gymnasium, and the library. Despite much of the school being constructed of low-permeance materials like tile, concrete, and masonry units, many sensitive materials can absorb flood waters like drywall and carpeting. Even with clean water flooding scenarios, this overexposure of structural elements and contents can be a costly repair to make.
What Can Flood Damage Do to a School?
These emergencies can have widespread and catastrophic effects in the school. Understanding all of the damage that flooding can do can help you to appreciate the need for professional restoration technicians like our SERVPRO team. With the skilled experts that we have on our roster, including a division of commercial contractors for demolition and build back, we can work fast to overcome:
- Structural Deterioration – Carpet, drywall, wood framing, and other materials are sensitive to water absorption when flooding occurs. After prolonged exposure, this moisture and trapped water can deteriorate the involved areas.
- Microbial Threats – Lingering moisture in any area of the school can facilitate mold growth. Spores exist naturally in nearly every environment but become a threat in the form of colonies when damp conditions allow for these spores to spread on the surface of structural elements.
- Contamination - In the event of natural flooding, your school building can become exposed to bacteria, debris, and other contaminants. Our objective in these situations is to offer thorough cleaning solutions for structural elements and contents not getting removed from the property.
- Residues and Debris – Debris and residues can get left behind on many surfaces and the flooring after natural flooding. Muck-out services address this concern by shoveling out mud and other solids left behind on flooring where flooding had been.
What Emergency Services Are Necessary?
Emergency services are one of the backbones of our past response to flooding emergencies. These efforts often precede mitigation and even the job scoping phase. The objective of these actions is to limit the immediate loss and estimated cost of restoration and recovery for the school building. Success in this regard can help to ensure that students and faculty can return to the property much more quickly than might have been initially perceived. The general categories of emergency services after a flood in the school include:
- Temporary Construction – Flooding can lead to structural compromise, and these breaches and vulnerabilities and the building must get addressed as quickly as possible. We have a team of in-house contractors that can help to provide temporary construction solutions such as roof tarping and board up services.
- Extraction – Water removal is a vital element to every restoration process that our technicians undertake after a flood loss. We have multiple extraction tools that can help in this regard, including submersible pumps and wet vacuums.
- Content Management – Your school has made substantial investments in books, materials, and other contents like computers and electronics. Our cleaning technicians can devote focus and attention to the relocation and restoration of these items when possible.
How Does the Damaged Area Get Clean?
Contamination can be an unexpected threat after natural flooding penetrates the building. While many of the structural services exposed can still be protected, this can only happen after a thorough cleaning. Contaminants such as bacterial and viral pathogens can move quickly throughout the building despite the actual loss area. Overcoming hazardous conditions and unappealing conditions for the look and feel of exposed materials involves several practices:
- Surface Cleaning
- Floor Refinishing
- Controlled Demolition
- Applying Disinfectant and Antibacterial Products
Disasters like flooding can displace your staff and students until the appropriate restoration and cleaning occur. Our SERVPRO of Flathead County team can help with fast extraction and recovery practices that begin as soon as we arrive. Give us a call anytime at (406) 300-0435.
My Kalispell Clinic Took on Flood Water, How Can I Clean it Up Safely?
SERVPRO of Flathead County understands that you need prompt action when dealing with commercial flood damage.
SERVPRO’s Disaster Team Addresses Flood Damage Quickly to Ensure your Kalispell Clinic Stays Up and Running
Severe weather or flooding in the area leaves your clinic susceptible to water damage that must get addressed fast. The good news is that SERVPRO has the equipment, experience, and trained technicians to ensure everything is taken care of quickly so that your clinic does not miss a beat. We are highly trained water restoration technicians (WRT), and you can always count on our crew to arrive promptly, working hard to ensure your commercial property gets restored to preloss condition. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
How Do I Know Where to Begin?
When it comes to commercial flood damage in Kalispell, it is essential to have a solid plan in place for proper restoration to take place. Our trained team at SERVPRO has a unique process for developing the best possible steps to ensure your clinic is cleaned up quickly to hinder the chances of secondary damage. Even if you and your staff understand the risks involved with a water restoration situation, leaving it to our trained crew helps to ensure all areas get addressed, and no stone is left unturned.
When you need prompt water cleanup and flood damage mitigation, you can count on us for:
• Training fully compliant through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
• Advanced water extraction technology
• Efficient material removal and controlled demolition
• Professional moisture detection equipment
• Commercial-grade, EPA-registered products for cleaning and disinfecting
Can My Sanitation Team Handle the Cleanup?
Allowing trained technicians to handle the job is best, but we always want our clients to know what to look for following a water loss:
• Water should never be left to linger. The faster water gets removed from the building, the less the cost is for restoring it to the preloss condition.
• Floodwaters bring it any number of contaminants, including silt, debris, fuel residue, fecal matter, and other harmful bacteria. If possible, cordon off the area of loss until our team can arrive to start the assessment.
• Always have an emergency plan mapped out to handle such a water damage situation in the future. High quantities of water can be devastating, so it is better if your employees and cleaning team understand how to act until our cleanup crew arrives to get to work. Ask us to provide our ERP Emergency READY Profile Plan to prevent and mitigate surprise problems arising from water, fire, or mold.
What Harm Can Come to the Interior of the Clinic After a Flood?
There could be a number of issues that arise after a flood event, all depending on the time and exposure. Such effects could include:
• Structural material breakdown. The longer the water lingers, any wood can warp, crack, and swell. Any drywall that becomes saturated and may crumble or warp. Paint on your clinic walls might bubble and peel, or there could be musty odors and discoloration sprouting up on the walls or floors. If your floors are carpeted, they must be removed and entirely replaced due to the dangers potentially present in the floodwater.
• Potential mold and mildew growth. Any porous or organic materials like drywall or subfloors take on water, which creates a moist atmosphere for microbial growth. Mold thrives while feasting on organic materials when the relative humidity and temperature are just right throughout the building.
When we arrive to get to work, SERVPRO uses commercial-grade drying techniques along with OSHA-approved biocides to inhibit mold growth.
What is Your Commercial Cleanup Process?
We understand that your Kalispell clinic houses high-tech equipment, supplies, and electronics that you count on for regular operation. Our team knows how to inspect every facet of your interior to determine what must be replaced and what can be salvaged with our cleaning techniques.
• A thorough inspection takes place, including moisture measurements of surfaces using both non-penetrating and penetrating meters and sensors.
• Water extraction commences with the help of truck-mounted extractors, wet-dry vacuums, rovers, and suction pads.
• Drying then begins using the careful placement of fans, centrifugal air movers, and dehumidifiers.
• After drying is complete, our team then focuses on odor control and sanitation using our specialized cleaning agents and anti-microbial solutions.
• If necessary, our crew performs restoration tasks and structural repairs to ensure your clinic gets returned to the preloss condition.
How Can You Be Sure All Moisture is Gone?
We come back to your clinic for follow-up visits to take readings to ensure all moisture levels are where they should be. Thermal imaging technology and moisture sensors allow our team to locate any hidden moisture pockets that could pose a problem for mold and mildew growth. Since this is a medical facility, you may be required to call in a third-party IH Industrial Hygienist to check for contamination. Our job is not complete until the final sign-off.
SERVPRO of Flathead County understands that you need prompt action when dealing with commercial flood damage. This is why we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle your restoration needs. Call (406) 300-0435 to have a crew deployed to your location.
For more about Kalispell click here.
Your Kalispell Office Building Can Be Restored After A Flood
As damaging as a flood can be to your office building, the right professionals can help to save the owner time and money.
Addressing Widespread Flooding in Your Kalispell Office Building
The bathrooms next to the large open area containing the bulk of cubicles and workspaces in your Kalispell office building can be the cause of widespread flood losses. When natural flooding conditions get met outside of the building, sanitary sewers cannot always keep up with the influx of rushing waters. Large culvert networks connected to bathroom drainage systems in your office building can become clogged with debris, allowing floodwater to back up into the office from the bathrooms.
Because you have likely vacated the office building with the flood damage in Kalispell neighborhoods, the management of the facility does not get their first look at the extent of the damage until much of this water has started to recede or at least stopped rising and worsening. Our SERVPRO professionals can help you to make sense of the work that must happen in the building to return your business to preloss condition, beginning with the extraction.
We have multiple cutting-edge tools ideal for fast and thorough extraction of your flooded office space. Because your main floor of the facility is open air, you can have a considerably sized damage area to address with electric sump pumps and light wands.
Because of the potential contamination of the floodwater, exposed materials like the short pile carpeting on the main office floor must get removed and later replaced by our licensed (#247200) commercial contractors. Depending on the office furniture exposed, some of these items can get cleaned and dried and remain usable in the space. Wooden dividers made of laminated particleboard can delaminate and swell within a short period, requiring replacement.
Drying out the damaged areas is vital to reduce the likelihood of mold colonization. Because humidity levels within the building are exponentially higher following flooding, we can work to utilize air movers for evaporative drying techniques along with refrigerant dehumidifiers to pull moisture from the environment to improve drying efficiency.
As damaging as a flood can be to your office building, the right professionals can help to save the owner time and money. It is our business to get you back in business, and you can trust the experience of our SERVPRO of Flathead County team to do just that. Give us a call anytime at (406) 300-0435.
For more about Kalispell click here.
Mitigating Commercial Water Damage In Kalispell
SERVPRO of Flathead County is here to ensure that your property looks “Like it never even happened.”
Mitigating Damage with Commercial Kalispell Water Removal Services
A 1/8" crack in a pipe is all it takes to have gallons of water spilling into your business every day, potentially soaking the carpet and walls, even behind structures like mirrors, cabinetry, and shelving. Not only can this be difficult for employers and their teams to tackle on their own, but it can be very costly without fast, professional cleanup.
If your business requires commercial water removal in Kalispell, certified SERVPRO technicians are ready to come to your facilities and restore them to a preloss condition. No matter how small or large the source of the damage is, SERVPRO tools are sure to get the job done. This team uses OSHA-approved, EPA-registered antimicrobials to further enhance the cleanliness of your space after a disaster. If your facilities require restoration after cleaning, your local SERVPRO also has a commercial contracting license.
Tips for Commercial Plumbing Disaster Prevention
Prevention is vital. Here are some tips for minimizing commercial plumbing disasters throughout the year:
• Upgrade fixtures and hoses. If water-related appliances used in your business come with rubber hoses, like a dishwasher, consider replacing them with metallic ones.
• Maintaining sink drains. Whether it is an office kitchen sink or a commercial bathroom sink, make sure that regular cleaning includes mitigation of clogs and gentle drain cleaning with chemicals that do not eat away at pipes.
• Cleanliness is key. Keep communal kitchen and bathroom spaces clean and minimize the potential of potentially clogging substances like oils being poured down drains.
• Tune-up plumbing components regularly. At least once or twice a year, consider hiring a master plumber to inspect the plumbing system in your business. A trained eye can detect complex issues well before they become costly problems that require repair.
How SERVPRO Can Help
In the event that a plumbing mishap in your commercial space has affected carpeting, SERVPRO technicians have the tools necessary to remove moisture while preserving carpet in many cases. After being affected by water, carpet and pad can weaken as much as 50%, so time is of the essence when removing water. Crew members can begin water removal with equipment such as back-mounted extractors, rovers, and extraction mats. In the event that odors have started to affect carpeting, technicians can utilize materials like time-release tablets, as well as antimicrobials, to eliminate odors at the source.
SERVPRO of Flathead County is here to ensure that your property looks “Like it never even happened.” Call (406) 300-0435 today for rapid disaster cleanup.
For more about Kalispell click here.
We Help You Get Back To Business In Columbia After A Water Cleanup Emergency
Our state-of-the-art equipment and advanced cleaning techniques can restore your business right away.
Professional Water Cleanup a Must for Columbia Falls Businesses
Most of the day to day cleaning tasks your Columbia Falls business requires completed fall on the capable shoulders of your in-house or contracted cleaning crews. Some cleaning scenarios call for specially trained technicians and state of the art equipment not usually provided by your typical cleaning staff. We invest in both targeted employee training and cutting edge hardware to deliver superior water removal and structural drying results in a commercial setting.
When your Columbia Falls business has a significant need for water cleanup, our team's professionally trained Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) have the knowledge base and the experience to evacuate the water rapidly and dry your premises thoroughly. Each of our service vehicles holds multiple high-efficiency pumps and water extractors, ensuring we get on the job with sufficient response capacity immediately.
If your business property includes several buildings or more than one location, SERVPRO can increase the scale of our response. We combine a local presence with a nationwide network of affiliated water cleanup professionals upon whom we can call if the need is great. Water removal must be accomplished within 24 to 48 hours to avoid increasing the risk of mold growth and damage.
Modern construction materials are susceptible to accelerated deterioration if water incursions remain unabated. The SERVPRO crew understands that water cleanup for a business must proceed quickly and employ the principles of psychrometrics--the science of drying.
Air temperature and RLT (the temperature of materials relative to air) directly influences evaporation of surface moisture. SERVPRO technicians use these factors to plan the positioning of air movers and heaters, facilitating the movement of water from structural components into water vapor that can be captured by our evaporative and desiccant dehumidifiers. Our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained employees have the background to make adjustments during the applied structural drying phase to make sure your business is up and running again fast before your customer base looks for alternatives for your goods and services.
Line up our team of water cleanup professionals when commercial flooding or other incursion brings your business to a halt. Call SERVPRO of Flathead County at (406) 300-0435 day or night, 365 days a year.
Columbia Falls has a wide array of park properties to enjoy, each with a unique set of facilities and terrain, click here for more information.
SERVPRO Talks About Commercial Water Removal in Kalispell
Issues from aging plumbing fixtures are a common source of water damage.
Commercial Water Removal in a Kalispell Travel Agency
Plumbing mishaps are always stressful to deal with, especially in businesses that frequently interface with customers in person. If a water supply line leak from an employee restroom causes water to run out into the waiting room of your travel agency, it can be overwhelming to consider the amount of cleanup that needs to take place.
If a plumbing failure causes your small business to require commercial water removal in Kalispell, SERVPRO professionals are ready to come to your business and restore it to its pre-existing condition. We can handle everything from measuring moisture levels to cleaning and drying water-affected furniture, walls, and flooring to ensure that your waiting room is safe and free from long-term structural issues such as warped flooring or subflooring.
Removing water from carpeting in your agency takes high priority, and our SERVPRO professionals can use portable vacuums to suck up excess moisture from isolated areas of carpet that have been affected by water. Furniture and other items near the water-damaged area can be moved to a dry area in your business to prevent further exposure and prepare for drying. Moisture sensors poke into the carpet and other porous surfaces to evaluate moisture levels, and secondary measures of moisture such as moisture meters can be used to assess moisture levels directly on surfaces.
When drying fixtures, we use a combination of industrial-grade air movers and dehumidifiers to pull moisture out of surfaces and separate it from the air to accelerate drying. Equipment such as centrifugal air movers and desiccant dehumidifiers are used in tandem to turn surface moisture into moist air. Air movers pull moisture out of wet surfaces for dehumidifiers to absorb and turn into dry air. Desiccant dehumidifiers pass this air over a desiccant material such as silica gel, which attracts and captures water, and pours the excess liquid off into a port for removal.
SERVPRO of Flathead County is available to clean up residential or commercial disasters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our team can be at your home or business within just a few hours if you call (406) 300-0435 today.
Read about Kalispell here.