My Kalispell Clinic Took on Flood Water, How Can I Clean it Up Safely?
SERVPRO’s Disaster Team Addresses Flood Damage Quickly to Ensure your Kalispell Clinic Stays Up and Running
Severe weather or flooding in the area leaves your clinic susceptible to water damage that must get addressed fast. The good news is that SERVPRO has the equipment, experience, and trained technicians to ensure everything is taken care of quickly so that your clinic does not miss a beat. We are highly trained water restoration technicians (WRT), and you can always count on our crew to arrive promptly, working hard to ensure your commercial property gets restored to preloss condition. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
How Do I Know Where to Begin?
When it comes to commercial flood damage in Kalispell, it is essential to have a solid plan in place for proper restoration to take place. Our trained team at SERVPRO has a unique process for developing the best possible steps to ensure your clinic is cleaned up quickly to hinder the chances of secondary damage. Even if you and your staff understand the risks involved with a water restoration situation, leaving it to our trained crew helps to ensure all areas get addressed, and no stone is left unturned.
When you need prompt water cleanup and flood damage mitigation, you can count on us for:
• Training fully compliant through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
• Advanced water extraction technology
• Efficient material removal and controlled demolition
• Professional moisture detection equipment
• Commercial-grade, EPA-registered products for cleaning and disinfecting
Can My Sanitation Team Handle the Cleanup?
Allowing trained technicians to handle the job is best, but we always want our clients to know what to look for following a water loss:
• Water should never be left to linger. The faster water gets removed from the building, the less the cost is for restoring it to the preloss condition.
• Floodwaters bring it any number of contaminants, including silt, debris, fuel residue, fecal matter, and other harmful bacteria. If possible, cordon off the area of loss until our team can arrive to start the assessment.
• Always have an emergency plan mapped out to handle such a water damage situation in the future. High quantities of water can be devastating, so it is better if your employees and cleaning team understand how to act until our cleanup crew arrives to get to work. Ask us to provide our ERP Emergency READY Profile Plan to prevent and mitigate surprise problems arising from water, fire, or mold.
What Harm Can Come to the Interior of the Clinic After a Flood?
There could be a number of issues that arise after a flood event, all depending on the time and exposure. Such effects could include:
• Structural material breakdown. The longer the water lingers, any wood can warp, crack, and swell. Any drywall that becomes saturated and may crumble or warp. Paint on your clinic walls might bubble and peel, or there could be musty odors and discoloration sprouting up on the walls or floors. If your floors are carpeted, they must be removed and entirely replaced due to the dangers potentially present in the floodwater.
• Potential mold and mildew growth. Any porous or organic materials like drywall or subfloors take on water, which creates a moist atmosphere for microbial growth. Mold thrives while feasting on organic materials when the relative humidity and temperature are just right throughout the building.
When we arrive to get to work, SERVPRO uses commercial-grade drying techniques along with OSHA-approved biocides to inhibit mold growth.
What is Your Commercial Cleanup Process?
We understand that your Kalispell clinic houses high-tech equipment, supplies, and electronics that you count on for regular operation. Our team knows how to inspect every facet of your interior to determine what must be replaced and what can be salvaged with our cleaning techniques.
• A thorough inspection takes place, including moisture measurements of surfaces using both non-penetrating and penetrating meters and sensors.
• Water extraction commences with the help of truck-mounted extractors, wet-dry vacuums, rovers, and suction pads.
• Drying then begins using the careful placement of fans, centrifugal air movers, and dehumidifiers.
• After drying is complete, our team then focuses on odor control and sanitation using our specialized cleaning agents and anti-microbial solutions.
• If necessary, our crew performs restoration tasks and structural repairs to ensure your clinic gets returned to the preloss condition.
How Can You Be Sure All Moisture is Gone?
We come back to your clinic for follow-up visits to take readings to ensure all moisture levels are where they should be. Thermal imaging technology and moisture sensors allow our team to locate any hidden moisture pockets that could pose a problem for mold and mildew growth. Since this is a medical facility, you may be required to call in a third-party IH Industrial Hygienist to check for contamination. Our job is not complete until the final sign-off.
SERVPRO of Flathead County understands that you need prompt action when dealing with commercial flood damage. This is why we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle your restoration needs. Call (406) 300-0435 to have a crew deployed to your location.
For more about Kalispell click here.