Kalispell Water Damage Restoration Services Explained
Fast Water Damage Recovery After Disasters
Most water emergencies feature an unspoken 48-hour rule where irreparable damage results if specific restoration actions are not occurring within this designated time frame. Conditions like mold growth can occur outside of this window as well. Arriving technicians must prioritize the management of:
- Standing water
- Content damage
- Structural weakness
Successfully addressing Kalispell water damage mitigation as described requires a team of professionals capable of mobilizing fast. Given some stretches of our state have miles between potential customers, we have multiple warehouses with Green Fleet vehicles and equipment to provide the shortest possible wait time.
Where Does Water Damage Occur?
Water emergencies start in dozens of places, so several types of damage might result. The movement and migration of moisture can be instrumental in determining where direct drying and restoration actions are needed. With burst pipes, numerous structural elements might be impacted simultaneously. SERVPRO restorers can help with damage to:
- Wall Assemblies
- Ceiling Systems
Objectives of Mitigation
Mitigation efforts combine the earliest actions SERVPRO professionals take to secure the house, protect its contents, and prevent more significant damage to the structure. These steps are vital in making later restoration and recovery approaches more efficient and successful. Some of the focal points of mitigation and emergency services include:
- Water Removal Services - Extraction ranks highly among necessary mitigation actions, as pooling water can destroy exposed materials when this contact time extends for long periods. We use both pumps and vacuums to eliminate standing water threats.
- Content Relocation - Protecting personal belongings is a valuable undertaking during the mitigation phase. For many property owners, preserving their possessions ranks as highly as saving the structure itself. We can begin protecting at-risk items by relocating them to a dry and stable nearby location.
- Controlled Demolition - As much as temporary construction is necessary for any structural vulnerabilities, we must also work fast to remove sagging materials and ruined construction elements. Loose installations pose safety concerns.
- Mold Prevention - Removing moisture is not always enough to prevent processes in motion to facilitate mold colonies. The best and most successful method of controlling microbial threats after water damage is to apply antimicrobial inhibitors to surfaces capable of supporting a colony.
Necessary Drying Tools
The general term drying describes several of the actions necessary to eliminate water and moisture from areas of the house. Using a combination of equipment, we can achieve a balance of three primary drying principles essential for efficient recovery. Air movers, heaters, dehumidifiers, light wands, drying mats, and positive pressure systems help with:
- Airflow – This is the effort of instruments like air movers to push dry air across wet surfaces and evaporate moisture. Centrifugal and axial air movers are both used in these actions.
- Temperature – This principle describes the warmth of the drying zone, including wet surfaces. Directing portable electric heaters at work zones ensures that molecules move fast and drying is more efficient overall.
- Humidity – Evaporation increases the moisture content in the environment. Fortunately, increasing the room’s temperature increases the capacity of humidity. We can remove environmental moisture using sufficient dehumidification as air movers create it.
Water Damage Repairs
Many of the damage incidents we help restore come with destruction to the property and deterioration of affected building materials. With our general contractor license (#247200) and years of experience and knowledge at our disposal, we can complete the needed build-back services after much of the restoration completes.
After Kalispell water damage, there is a finite timeline to start restoration and mitigation. Because we have such a large service area, our two main facilities ensure we can reach your residence quickly in a crisis. Call our SERVPRO of Flathead County team today at (406) 300-0435.